Submission Deadline: 4 March 2022
|Cover photo 2015 (TU Delft)||Cover photo 2017 (Makani)||Cover photo 2019 (Makani)|
Starting in 2015, the cover page of the book of abstracts was used to showcase the state of development of airborne wind energy. For the AWEC 2021, we invite developers and researchers to submit high quality photo material and illustrations for inclusion in the book of abstracts. A jury will select the best photo for the cover page of the book, with acknowledgements to the photographer and his/her institution on the inside front cover. Material that was not selected for the cover, could be assessed for use in the book of abstracts.
Requirements for the cover page photo:
- The photo should visualize the state of development of airborne wind energy in 2021.
- The layout of the photo should allow overlaying the text elements and inset photos.
- A uniform background is preferred (e.g. sky) to minimize disturbances of the page layout.
- The photo should be suitable for printing on A5 (210 mm X 148 mm) format.
- The photo must be available at high resolution (min. 3200 px width).
The jury will consist of the members of the organizing committee. The best picture will be chosen on the basis of photo quality, visual impact, and capacity to convey the key aspects of airborne wind energy systems and the current development status.
Participating in the photo competition does not require conference participation.